Koishi is written in an interview style by Mr. Kodama. Kodama personally visited each of these breeders in Niigata, Japan over a period of 20 years to gather this information.
The topics covered in each interview include:
- History of each Koi farm
- Breeder’s policies
- Breeders’ methods and practices
- Size of operations
- Best time to visit them
- The most important points to remember when you purchase their Koi
- Description of the breeders’ koi
This book is a must have for every Koi library. Read the reviews below to find out what readers are saying.
Upon request, Mr. Mamoru Kodama will sign your books before shipping.
“This book is an indispensable addition for any serious koi keeper’s library. …The title ‘Koishi’ is spot on. Koi Teacher.”
– Bob Winkler, AKCA Certified Koi Judge
“Koi produced by the various farms are skillfully analyzed to better define what is unique about their characteristics.”
– Dick Benbow, 30 Year Koi Hobbyist
“I would highly recommend reading this book.”
– Mark Bodycott, USA Koi www.usakoi.com