Made by a Japanese craftsman from aromatic Akita cedar, this table lamp has delicate openwork design that follows the wood's natural grain to show intricate koi designs; and the acrylic panels softens the light with Japanese kanji saying, "Swimming jewel koi".
Turn it on to shine a warm glow in your home and share your love of Japanese koi.
Here's why premium Akita cedar is so well-known:
- It is a famous light-yellow timber unique to the northern mountainsides of Akita prefecture in Japan.
- The cold climate there with seasonal snows causes Akita cedars to grow slowly which results in beautiful, dense wood grain.
- It has a spicy, pleasant fragrance and is used in traditional Japanese building materials and crafts and canoes because of its beauty and flexibility.
- Akita cedar panels show intricate openwork designs of koi and leaves that follow the wood's lovely natural grain
- The lamp structure is made primarily from first-class Akita cedar wood from Japan and a translucent, white acrylic panel
- The removable acrylic panel displays kanji saying, "Swimming jewel koi" and gives easy access to a light bulb (light bulb not included)
- Light switch is on power cord
- Dimensions: 5 7/8" x 22 13/16" x 5 7/8"
- Power cord length: 3' 9" approx.
- Weight: 3.5 lb.
Stock levels are limited.