Crafted in Japan from aromatic Akita cedar, this plaque showcases delicate openwork designs of a koi and leaf and has the kanji saying, "Nishikigoi (koi)". Its unique openwork follows the wood's natural grain, and it adds a little bit of Japan to your home.
Here's why premium Akita cedar is so well-known:
- It is a famous light-yellow timber unique to the northern mountainsides of Akita prefecture in Japan.
- The cold climate there with seasonal snows causes Akita cedars to grow slowly which results in beautiful, dense wood grain.
- It has a spicy, pleasant fragrance and is used in traditional Japanese building materials and crafts and canoes because of its beauty and flexibility.
- Akita cedar panels show intricate openwork designs of koi and leaves that follow the wood's natural grain
- Made from first-class Akita cedar wood from Japan
- Back has a translucent material that lets light show through the openwork design
- Dimensions: 16 9/16" x 3/4" x 8 5/8"
- Weight: 1 lb.
Quantity is limited.